McLaren Shadow Studio will be based at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, serving as an activity hub and space for the McLaren Shadow esports team, as well as McLaren Shadow ambassadors to train, race and produce content. McLaren entered esports in 2017 to explore the performance opportunities that exist at the intersection of gaming and real-world racing. The McLaren Shadow Studio marks McLaren’s commitment to esports and gaming as it continues to give greater access and develop its competitive presence in the space.
Additionally, McLaren Shadow partners will continue to support the growth of the programme and have played an integral part in creating the McLaren Shadow Studio, including:
• Alienware, Dell Technologies’ premium gaming brand and the industry-leading innovator in the gaming PC market, powering the studio hardware and simulators with Alienware Aurora R10 PCs and Alienware 38 Curved Gaming Monitors
• Splunk, provider of the Data-to-Everything™ platform, providing data analysis and live dashboards for the McLaren Shadow team to improve and build performance across the V-10 R League, eNascar Coca-Cola iRacing competition and the F1 Esports Series
• Logitech G continuing its long-standing relationship with McLaren Racing by supplying hardware to the studio including Logitech g923 racing wheels, Logitech g923 pedals, Logitech Pro X headsets and Logitech C922 webcams
• Tezos, the world’s most advanced blockchain, offering an unrivalled and engaging NFT fan experience based on the Tezos blockchain
• QNTMPAY, the global challenger bank, driving a fan engagement programme around McLaren Shadow Studio – leveraging the space to provide opportunities for dedicated McLaren fans to visit and experience the studio
Lindsey Eckhouse, Director, Licensing, ecommerce and esports, McLaren Racing said:
“We are delighted to launch McLaren Shadow Studio and build on the fantastic work the team has pioneered in the esports space. The McLaren Shadow esports team was launched in 2017 when we saw an opportunity in the space between virtual and real racing, to increase accessibility through giving people access to an incredible racing experience.
“We pride ourselves on bridging this connection and helping us evolve into the next chapter by broadening our reach beyond esports into gaming. McLaren Shadow Studio underpins McLaren’s ongoing commitment, with the support of our fantastic partner network driving our performance and progress.”
Join the team
McLaren Plus is our free-to-join fan loyalty programme, bringing McLaren fans closer to the team with the most inclusive, rewarding and open-to-all fan programmes in F1 & esports.
Sign up now, or current members can amend their details in the form below if necessary.