Thank you for your interest in the Competition. Please read the following terms and conditions:
1. The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the VELO x McLaren Racing Virtual Fan Race competition to participate in a live streamed race on the McLaren YouTube channel (the “Competition”).
2. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications relating to the Competition. By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and will be deemed as such. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter this Competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Competition.
4. Entries will be accepted via mclaren.com (“Competition Website”).
5. The promoter is Nicoventures Trading Limited (company number 06665343) whose registered office is at Globe House, 1 Water Street, London, WC2R 3LA (“Promoter”).
6. The Competition is open to entrants who meet the following criteria:
(a) Are aged 25 years or over at the time of entry;
(b) Are existing nicotine consumers in line with BAT’s commitment to market its products responsibly and appeal only to its target consumer audience with its range of New Category products;
(c) Are resident in the UK;
(d) Have a Steam PC ID, and a PC version of the Codemasters F1 2019 game;
(e) Are available to participate in operational testing and rehearsals on 10-12 June 2020 (“Event Dates”)
(f) Are not employees of the Promoter or its holding, subsidiary or affiliate companies who are professionally connected with the administration of the Competition
(g) Are not close relatives of employees of the Promoter or of its holding, subsidiary or affiliate companies who are professionally connected with the administration of the Competition;
(h) Are not employees (or ex-employees) of McLaren Racing Limited, or close relatives of such employees; and
(i) Are not otherwise connected with McLaren Racing Limited, or its holding, subsidiary, affiliate companies (including anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition) (“Eligible Entrants”).
7. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are an Eligible Entrant, are available on the Event Dates and are eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are an Eligible Entrant at any point during the Competition.
8. The promoter is not liable if any entrant is not legally allowed to take part in the Competition due to national or local laws.
9. There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to reject entry by, cease the continued participation of, or withhold the award of any prize to a person it considers to have entered the Competition in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries to the Competition that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or otherwise fail to reach it during the term of the Competition.
12. To enter the competition, entrants must complete the entry form (“the Entry Form”) via the Competition Website between 29 May 2020 (“Opening Date”) and 23:59 (GMT) on 5 June 2020 (“Closing Date”). No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date.
13. By submitting an Application, Entrants consent to the use of images of their Application by the Promoter for promotional purposes and confirm that they are Eligible Entrants.
14. All Applications received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by the Promoter to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
15. All entrants meeting the eligibility requirements will be required to provide a screenshot of a lap time undertaken by them on F1 2019 on PC and confirm their availability on the Event Dates.
16. After the Closing Date, the Promoter will select up to 20 of the Eligible Entrants submitting the fastest lap times to participate in the Event Phase (“the Qualifiers”). Qualifiers will be allocated at random to Race 1 or Race 2 of the Event Phase with an equal number (+/- 1) of Qualifiers allocated to each race.
17. The Qualifiers will be notified via Discord on 8 June. They will have 24 hours to accept their place, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to offer their place to a subsequent entry.
18. Each Qualifier will receive 1x VELOxMcLAREN branded cap and water bottle and proceed to participate in the Event Phase. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the merchandise with other items of equivalent value without giving notice.
19. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
20. Qualifiers will be required to participate in the following events:
(a) Wednesday 10 June - Test Race
(b) Friday 12 June – Competition Race 1 or Race 2 (each consisting of 1x practice session, 1x qualification for grid position and final race) which will also be broadcast live on the McLaren YouTube channel.
21. If the Event Phase is compromised for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate, amend or extend the Event Phase without responsibility or liability for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may be incurred by the Qualifiers or any third party (whether direct or indirect). No compensation will be offered.
22. The Promoter accepts no liability for entrants’ failure to gain access to the Event Phase due to technical difficulties (including but not limited to faults, malfunctions, hardware or software failure, satellite/network/server error or any other kind of errors such as user error) whether or not attributable to the Promoter.
23. By participating in the Event Phase, Entrants represent and warrant that:
(a) They will not act in a manner that disparages or reflects adversely upon McLaren, the Promoter, their holding, subsidiary or affiliate companies or their goods and services;
(b) They have all necessary rights and permissions to enter the Competition and that their participation complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
(c) Their Application complies with these Terms and Conditions.
24. The highest-placed Qualifier at the end of each of the final races will win a 1:2 scale McLaren replica helmet (“the Prize”).
25. The Promoter will require you to provide proof that you are an Eligible Entrant before awarding the Prize.
26. The Prizes are as advised, and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Prizes are non-transferable and subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of any catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, epidemic or pandemic, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
29. Your entry is made without any prior payment or promise of payment or the expectation by you of any payment, benefit or advantage in return for your entry, except for the possibility of obtaining those benefits expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition (including the Prizes).
30. The Promoter reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries. In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to reject those entries which it considers, in its absolute discretion, do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or are fraudulent or invalid.
31. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be deemed made by the authorised email account holder of the email address used in the relevant entry. "Authorised email account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any aspect of the Prizes that are lost, damaged, delayed or fails to reach the Winner.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies, and their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or death (save in the case of negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies, or their agents and distributors or that of their employees) suffered due to taking part in the Competition.
34. Entrants are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being party of the Prize or any part of this Competition.
35. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The laws of any other jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of any other courts are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions will act to exclude an entrant's rights under the laws of their jurisdiction which may not be excluded by law.
38. The names of the Qualifiers and Winners will be published in an Instagram post by Velo (@velo.global - www.instagram.com/velo.global) at the end of the final race.
39. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Codemasters, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or any other social network.