Putting fans at the heart of Race Weekends
Calling all Team McLaren members!
2014 is already set to be a season of change within Formula 1. There’s been a lot going on for Team McLaren fans to keep up to speed with! Not only has there been numerous rule changes relating to the cars and even the points system itself but McLaren has also made a number of high profile changes within its team structure and driver line up.
The 16th of March is set to be an exciting start to the race calendar. Whoever you support we’re all in for a hell of a season and, as Team McLaren members, we want to make sure that you’re at the very heart of it! We have plenty of fantastic projects and promotions coming up this year designed to reward fans and bring them closer to the action.
This year we are launching the official Team McLaren Fan Blog.
Your words could be on our McLaren Mercedes site, just like Alan Henry...
Jochen Mass: the man who knew when to stop
We’re all used to reflecting on a weekend of racing through the usual McLaren channels, which will continue to bring you the very latest content from McLaren over the race weekend include McLaren Live and track side news, but we want to hear from you, the fans. What better way to relive all the race weekend action than from the perspective of the McLaren fans themselves.
From the moment you step foot out your front door, to the moment you pitch up trackside and then collapse on the sofa back home - we want to hear all the real life accounts about the race weekend experience as a true McLaren fan.
The Team McLaren Fan Blog will feature on www.McLaren.com/f1 website and will include photos, videos and audio content as well as written accounts of the weekend from the very people who support the team most. We’ll be involving all Team McLaren fans whether they were lucky enough to go to the race or were sitting on the edge of their seats back at home.
Below is a 5 step guide on how to take part before, during and after the race but if you have any questions, please feel free to tweet us at @TeamMcLaren:
1. The Team McLaren Twitter feed will issue a callout for any Team McLaren members to get in touch if they are going to the next race.
2. All fans (both members and non-members) will then be separately invited to let @TeamMcLaren know by using separate hashtags if you will be watching the race live (#tweetfromthetrack) or on the TV (#tweetfromthetelly).
3. Team McLaren will then get in touch with the chosen individuals directly to establish the details for providing the content and writing their own blog post.
4. We then need EVERYONE to help us capture the emotion of the weekend by sending us as many photos and tweets as possible showing us how you’re watching and enjoying the race from wherever that may be.
5. We’ll then try to include as many of these as possible in our write up of the race weekend and share them with all our members and fans.
We hope you’re all as excited as we are and we very much look forward to hearing from you all very soon!