Missing F1? Us too. That’s why we came up with this handy 5-point guide to help you get your F1 fix while we take a break from on-track action to develop our 2018 machines.
1 - Watch McLaren, Senna and Rush back-to-back. Several times. The ultimate F1 filmathon.
2 - Test your mates on their F1 know-how by hosting your own version of Mastermind, the motorsport edition. *Cue dramatic music*
3 - Clear your 2018 diary for all 21 races. Sundays = F1, no questions.
4 - Train like an F1 driver. Okay, this one isn’t for the faint-hearted but if you’re keen to up your January health kick game, this is the one for you. (Need some F1 fitness pointers? Watch this space!)
5 - Enter McLaren’s off-season competition for the chance to win some Ayton Senna Collection goodies, signed by Bruno Senna. How do I do that, you say? Well…
How to enter
To enter all this awesome competition, you must do the following:
1. Use the hashtag #McLarenJanuary to explain how you keep F1 in your life during the off-season.
2. Entries submitted to this competition may be submitted on Twitter or Instagram. Tweets must include the @McLarenF1 Twitter handle and the hashtag #McLarenJanuary. Instagram entries must tag the @McLarenF1 account and include the hashtag #McLarenJanuary.
Scroll down to read the full competition terms and conditions and head to @McLarenF1 or McLaren’s Instagram to get started.
Senna Collection competition Terms & Conditions
1. The prize draw is open globally to entrants who are eighteen (18) years old and over, excluding employees and their immediate families of McLaren (the “Promoter”) and of their affiliated companies or agents, or other persons professionally connected with the draw.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The opening date of the prize draw is 09:00 GMT of 11/01/2018 and the closing date is 23:59 GMT of 21/01/2018. No bulk, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. Entries disallowed due to technical issues shall not be included in the draw.
5. One entry is allowed per person and per social media account. Sharing of accounts for purposes of the competition is not allowed. If the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that you have exceeded the maximum number of entries, you may be disqualified.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
a) Use the hashtag #McLarenJanuary to explain how you keep F1 in your life during the off-season.
b) Entries submitted to this competition may be submitted on Twitter or Instagram. Tweets must include the @McLarenF1 Twitter handle and the hashtag #McLarenJanuary. Instagram entries must tag the @McLaren account and include the hashtag #McLarenJanuary.
8. The prizes are as follows: Three (3) Ayrton Senna Collection caps signed by Bruno Senna, two (2) Ayrton Senna Collection white t-shirts signed by Bruno Senna and one (1) Ayrton Senna Collection orange t-shirt signed by Bruno Senna. There will be six (6) winners selected in total, each winner will receive one (1) item of merchandise from the above list, selected randomly.
9. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
10. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents.
12. The winners will be notified by DM on Twitter or DM on Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
16. The name and country of the winner will be made available after the conclusion of the competition. To obtain this information contact McLaren at the following address: McLaren Marketing Limited, McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH.
17. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely for the purposes of this promotion. Data may be provided to a third-party fulfilment service provider where appropriate for the purposes of administering the prize, but will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent.
18. The Promoter is McLaren [McLaren Marketing Limited, McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH]