McLaren built the McLaren app as a free app. This SERVICE is provided by McLaren at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. The Personal Information that we collect is used for providing and improving the Service. Specifically we will collate location, mobile network, device and app traffic/ session data to do the following with this personal Information:
- Observe where users of our app reside to improve the service of our app and for marketing purposes such as paid advertising in those countries or regions (the data available to us will only show where users reside on a country and state level)
- Improve the speed at which the app loads content.
- To understand the split of devices the McLaren app is downloaded onto for personalising content to each device.
- To understand the usage of the app to create marketing content and target app users with marketing activity such as push notifications.
Save for where stated in this policy, we will never pass your Personal Information to anyone else, except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the UK and abroad.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain information, including but not limited to location, mobile network, device and app traffic/ sessions.
The app does use third party services, Google Analytics and Urban Airship, that may collect information.
We may from time to time employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the following tasks assigned to them on our behalf:
- Store data: Google and Urban Airship shall be used to host the app. Google operates a geographically distributed set of data centres which comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. Urban Airship service is hosted in the United States at a Tier 3 SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 certified data. Urban Airship has certified its compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework. While Safe Harbor is no longer valid for EU data compliance, Safe Harbor have made available an EU model clauses addendum on our website for all customers affected by this change. Urban Airship’s Safe Harbor certifications can be found on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website at Safe Harbor Certificate.
- Collate data to store under different categories (location, mobile network, device and app traffic/ session data )
- Process data to enable it to be visualised in a graphical format and analysed and / or used for marketing purposes and enhancements to the performance of the app.
The third parties are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data to help resolve the issues. This Log Data may include information such as your devices’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, configuration of the app when utilising our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
The Services are not aimed at anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13, however, as the app does not require the user to input a date of birth and we have no method for determining how old a user is, it is possible we may inadvertently hold data from a child under the age of 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we shall endeavour to immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us with either your express consent to hold the data or a request so that we will be able to take the necessary actions. If you are under 13 years of age you must get the approval of a parent or legal guardian before downloading and using this app.