McLaren Applied’s Fleet Connect redefines wireless performance in transport by enabling the most stable connectivity for fleets travelling at high speed.
For transport operators, connectivity gaps on a journey are at the root of a host of challenges around Electronic Point of Sale, video analytics and customer experience.
With passenger numbers severely hit by the Covid-19 pandemic, operators need to rebuild ridership – and improved connectivity is a powerful incentive.
Fleet Connect – A proven game changer
Our handover technology is the most efficient in aggregating signals, delivering the most stable connectivity possible and the best sustained performance.
The 2020 National Passenger Survey showed we lifted our customers’ trains to the highest satisfaction levels in the UK for passenger WiFi. In just 12 months, passenger satisfaction increased by 55 per cent.
How we aggregate available networks to keep connectivity stable
The science behind Fleet Connect has its roots in McLaren’s Formula 1 cars, where connectivity and reliable real-time decision making plays a key role in performance.
Fleet Connect’s algorithms can aggregate any available network regardless of its source, including 4G, 5G, mmWave and WiFi, at high speed. Regardless of the specific nature of the project, our support teams (based in our Woking headquarters) guarantee the best performance and customer service.
As well as offering turnkey solutions, we also integrate any third-party system (i.e. media, infotainment) as well as features such as a captive portal or authentication services. Fleet Connect includes a dashboard loaded with real-time information including fleet-wide GPS location, system status and SIM utilisation.
This is a service that is hardware agnostic and can be deployed on any router or rail computer. Our agile support teams adapt and provide the flexibility required by incumbent hardware or changing environments.
Statistics prove the advantages of using Fleet Connect
Our customers have achieved the highest passenger satisfaction score in the UK for long-distance rail WiFi availability in the 2020 National Passenger Survey. The increase in passenger satisfaction has been measured at 55 per cent, which implies a rise in ridership – and revenue.
On a five-hour journey between London and Glasgow, Fleet Connect was well ahead of competitors:
- 82 per cent more successful downloads of a 20Mb file
- 38 per cent faster download time (average 58.71sec against 81.13sec)
- User load more evenly distributed between mobile networks, reducing up to 60 per cent overuse of a given network operator
Seven reasons why Fleet Connect makes a difference for transport operators
Most sustained connectivity: Our handover technology is the most efficient in aggregating signals, which minimises instances of connectivity being lost.
- Most sustained connectivity: Our handover technology is the most efficient in aggregating signals, which minimises instances of connectivity being lost.
- Hardware agnostic: Fleet Connect can be deployed on any router or rail computer, regardless of the vendor.
- Cost savings: Better managed distribution of data usage.
- Increased passenger satisfaction: Customer experience is key following decrease in ridership caused by Covid-19.
- More connected operation: Better performance in CCTV, infotainment and EPOS.
- Full service support and flexibility: Our support teams make sure even the highest Service Level Agreements are met.
- Innovation: Our customers play an active role in our five-year innovation roadmap, which is constantly reviewed.
If you are looking to enhance the performance of the connectivity in your fleet, we would be delighted to hear from you.