16 ways to curb your off-season blues
Is your winter break dragging on? Are you missing F1? We’ve got 16 ways to curb your off-season blues...
1. Watch Grand Prix, Senna & Rush back-to-back.
The ultimate F1 filmathon.
2. Break out the LEGO.
Build your very own F1 car of the future.
3. Clear your 2016 diary for all 21 races. Sundays = F1.
4. Organise your copies of Autosport magazine in chronological order.
Colour-coded sections make the best 'shelfies'.
5. Test your mates on their F1 know-how by hosting your own version of Mastermind, the motorsport edition.
6. Stay up until 6am watching an unmemorable F1 re-run.
Recreate that Melbourne all-nighter ‘magic’…
7. Practice your punditry by watching classic races with the sound down. Extra points for Murray Walker impressions…
8. Swot up on your pitstop strategies.
Don’t forget to include Pirelli’s all-new Ultrasoft compound in your tyre selection.
9. Head to www.mclarenstore.com. Who can resist a January bargain?
10. Try playing football.
Apparently you just kick a ball around for 90 minutes.
11. Train like an F1 driver.
Think carb-free, steak for breakfast, and lots of triathlons.
12. The Australian GP may be two months away, but winter testing starts in a matter of weeks. Barcelona road trip anyone?
13. The Paul Ricard test is even sooner – and closer!
Mind you, it’s a wet-weather test, so maybe not such a great idea…
14. Get unparalleled access to McLaren HQ by adding us on @Snapchat.
15. Build a Scalextric version of Albert Park, then crash at the first corner to evoke that first-race-of-the-year rustiness feeling.
16. How’s your Azerbaijani?
New race, new language – time to start practicing!
Roll on March 18th...