Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is delighted to announce its new guest blogger – you!
We want you to share your greatest McLaren memories and, in return, you’ll have your blog published here on the official Vodafone McLaren Mercedes website. We're looking for new, original blogs of around 600 words.
Where else to start the first blog topic than: “Silverstone through the eyes of a McLaren fan”? Send in your blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll select the best one to be put in the new McLaren Fan Blog section.
Here’s an example blog to get you thinking from McLaren fan Jonathan, 21, from Bristol (UK).
10 reasons why I’ll always #BelieveInMcLaren
1) Heritage - McLaren, formed by New Zealand racing driver Bruce McLaren, is one of the oldest teams in Formula 1. It has been competing in F1 every year since 1966, winning the first World Championship in 1974 with Emerson Fittipaldi. Hunt, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Hakkinen and Hamilton have all won the greatest possible prize in motor racing in the McLaren jersey, making for an impressive 12 World Drivers’ Championships, 8 World Constructors’ Championships and amassing 182 race victories along the way.
2) Car - The car has always been the best looking on the grid!
3) The Two Drivers - McLaren have two of the most talented and personable drivers on the Formula 1 circuit. Jenson Button has 15 F1 race victories under his belt (and one world championship, 2009) whilst Checo is one of the most talented young drivers on the grid. Both drivers also show a huge commitment to their respective charities. The Jenson Button Trust organises events to raise money and awareness, such as his triathlon. Meanwhile the Checo Perez Foundation is focused on supporting children with cancer.
4) Ayrton Senna - Simply the greatest racing driver ever. An icon for everyone in the sport.
5) Team McLaren – A great place to bring McLaren fans together from all over the world. As a member your benefits include a welcome gift, McLaren Store voucher, members’ discount, special offers and competitions and opportunities for interaction with the drivers and team. McLaren members get the exclusive chance to apply for McLaren Technology Centre tours in order to be able to see all the Championship winning cars of the past, paddock tours to receive the amazing opportunity to see inside the McLaren garage on a race weekend and other events where it is possible to meet the drivers.
6) Honda – Following the success of the McLaren-Honda years I can’t wait to for the 2015 season to come!
7) The World’s First Carbon-Neutral F1 Team – In December 2010 McLaren became the first F1 team to ever achieve the coveted Carbon Trust Standard, following efforts to improve carbon efficiency. State-of–the-art solutions meant the team managed 8.6% reductions in emissions. In December 2011, with the implementation of carbon offsetting, McLaren then became the first carbon-neutral Formula 1 team. The fact McLaren are so environmentally sympathetic and efficient means a great deal to us fans!
8) McLaren’s social media output – The up-to-date Twitter and Facebook pages provides the latest news and insights from the McLaren Technology Centre as well as alerts for new features or McLaren events. They make us fans feel part of the team!
9) The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Website – My first point of call for all McLaren news, features, and race weekend coverage! Every race weekend it allows me to swat up on my track knowledge and the technical specifications. The site also includes all the information you would ever need to know about the team. There’s also the McLaren Store, where I can buy the same team wear that Jenson and Checo wear at the races. A website I could not live without!
10) Tooned – A CGI-animated series involving both Checo and Jenson which plays on their camaraderie and F1 adventures. Another bonus of supporting McLaren over other teams!